Donnerstag, 31. Mai 2012

BLACK STEEL



BLACK STEEL LIVE CLIP BY TRICKY (WEST 54th 1998)

I got a letter from the government | The other day | I Opened and read it | It said they were suckers | They wanted me for the army or whatever | Picture me given' a damn -- I said never | Here is a land that never gave a damn | About a brother like me and myself | Because they never did | I wasn't wit' it, but just that very minute... | It occured to me | The suckers had authority | Cold sweatin' as I dwell in my cell | How long has it been? | They got me sittin' in the state pen | I gotta get out -- but that thought was thought before | I contemplated a plan on the cell floor | I'm not a fugitive on the run | But a brother like me begun -- to be another one | Public enemy servin' time -- they drew the line y'all | To criticize me some crime -- never the less | They could not understand that I'm a Black man | And I could never be a veteran | On the strength, the situation's unreal | I got a raw deal, now I'm lookin for the steel.

Nevertheless they cannot understand | That I'm a black man, and I could never be a veteran. | On the strength of situations, I'm real. | I got a raw deal, so I'm lookin' for the steel | Lookin for the steel.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen